What are best practices for online banking, mobile banking and Zelle®?
It is important to protect your bank accounts and we recommend you follow these tips and best practices.
- Refunds are not issued through Zelle
- Your financial institution will never call you to request information you received via text (SMS) or pressure you to reset your online banking log in password
- Don't trust the caller ID; Caller ID may be modified to show your financial institution's name. If in doubt, please hang up and call the bank.
- Don't provide your online banking log in credentials, one-time password, account number or personal information by e-mail or text or phone call. Using our published phone number, reach out to BankORION to confirm that the request is legitimate.
- Don't give information over the phone if you receive a call stating that a transaction is canceled, even if the caller claims to be from BankORION. Once again, contact BankORION using our published phone number to inquire about the transaction.
- Don't click on links in unsolicited e-mails or texts.
- Don't give an unsolicited caller remote access to your computer
Back To FAQ